The curse of the average digital marketer is having too many CHOICES.
If you doubt that, take a look at the Chiefmartec graphic above showing the 7,000 solutions vying for your attention on the Internet.
There are 100s of platforms, software tools, programs and opportunities related to building an online business. This presents two huge problems for you:
- Tech overwhelm – The learning curve is too steep so you quit or become paralyzed
- Shiny Object Syndrome – You cycle through products looking for the secret hack which never arrives
What is the answer to this curse of too many choices?
You must focus on the power of one!
The Power of One
In another post, I mentioned how you had to choose ONE digital marketing platform and go all in with it until you mastered the platform.
That’s how you begin to break through and stand out.
In this post, I’m saying you need make the same choices again but for the 5-6 most important online business components. These include:
- Business model (affiliate marketing, e-commerce, consulting)
- Digital marketing platform
- Website platform (WordPress, Wix, Builderall)
- Autoresponder (Convertkit, Aweber, Getresponse)
- Landing page builder (Thrive Architect, Optimizepress, Clickfunnels)
- Social media platform (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
Here are the choices I have made in each of these categories:
- Business model – Micro niche website + affiliate marketing
- Digital marketing platform – Wealthy Affiliate
- Autoresponder – Convertkit
- Landing page builder – Thrive Themes
- Website platform – WordPress
- Social media – Facebook (specifically FB messenger and FB advertising)
In today’s digital landscape, these are the minimum tools you need to master for long-term online success. You could slip by without a social media presence or even a slick website, but you’ll be losing a lot of functionality.
Also, I should mention that these choices work for me and for the type of online businesses I want to create. Obviously, if you want to use a different model or autoresponder, you can do that.
I’m just showing you the system I’ve put together that accomplishes the goals I have for my digital business.
The Magic of One
What happens when you turn off your inner DISTRACTOR and just focus down on six essential components?
Well, you start to gain expertise in each product / program. You begin to discover the extra bells and whistles, the potholes, what works and what doesn’t, and the advanced features no one else knows about because they drive their product / program in first gear.
The minute you begin to gain expertise in say an autoresponder (Convertkit) or a digital marketing platform (Wealthy Affiliate), YOU INSTANTLY BECOME MORE VALUABLE.
You seem to be a little ahead of the curve. You know a thing or two, especially about your autoresponder or landing page builder. And all of this is valuable to people seeking reliable information.
This will allow you to stand out. You will be able to guide your peeps through the best features of what you are promoting because you are a serious user of what you promote.
Do you see how that works?
The very act of concentrating down and learning one component gives you more good information to share, which makes you more valuable, which…
You get the picture.
One more thing, there is an invisible influence that comes through when 1) you are a user of the product you recommend and 2) you stand behind everything you recommend. It’s the little extra burst of confidence, smile or twinkle that let’s people know you can be trusted.
And trust is the most valuable commodity on the Internet.
The Honest Digital Revolution
If you are curious how we’ve put together these six essential components to create successful micro niche sites, I invite you to check out the Honest Digital Revolution.
- A philosophy of how to market honestly (call it “trust marketing” if you’d like)
- A focused training on creating a micro niche affiliate marketing site.
Check it out => Take me to the HDR site.